WHAT ARE SOME OF THE BIGGEST FALL/WINTER HAIR TRENDS?
I'm seeing major 90s vibes with effortless-looking styles this fall, and I love all of it! We're growing out our curtain bangs, giving us the perfect playful fringe to part in the middle or off to the side.
HOW DO YOU RECOMMEND STYLING THESE HAIR TRENDS, AND WHAT PRODUCTS DO YOU RECOMMEND?
Here are my three favorite styles and tips on achieving them:
- Big ‘90s volume with a deep side part. I could not be more excited that volume is making a comeback, and you don't have to spend hours with a blow dryer and a brush to achieve it if you have the right products. Apply SuperPlump Whipped Bodifying Mousse to damp hair from roots to ends, clip hair up off the scalp or to the opposite side, and air dry 80% of the way. This will help your hair naturally dry with lift at the root. Using a blow dryer on medium heat and a paddle brush, direct hair up and off the scalp to finish your blow-dry. Start in the front sections, and once dry, clip hair into place to cool into your desired shape. Once all sections have been dried and cooled, brush hair into place and apply AllAround Working Color Protect Hairspray for a soft, touchable hold that can be flipped from side to side.
- Heatless waves with a center part and face-framing layers. I love the imperfect look we are seeing in waves this season, and heatless options save time and damage to our hair and color. There are endless ways to create heatless waves, but my favorite is to put my hair into twists overnight. Apply TruCurl Perfecting Creme to damp hair from roots to ends and comb through with a wide-toothed comb. Twist or braid hair sections around each other or a scarf and pin into place. I don't use elastics because hair is more fragile when wet, and elastics can cause damage. Taking different size sections and alternating directions will give you that effortless, imperfect wave. Twist the sections around your hairline away from your face. When hair is dry, unwrap and scrunch a pea-size amount of TruCurl Curl Perfecting Crème throughout to add definition to your waves and spray TextureCharge Texture + Finish Spray throughout to add body.
- Messy top knot with "growing-out" curtain bangs. This look is perfect for a lazy hair day and also acceptable in a formal setting when dressed up with accessories. When hair is dry, part your fringe on your desired side, apply RadicallySmooth Anti-Frizz Serum roots to midshaft and secure into a high pony. Spray ends with TextureCharge Texture + Finish Spray, expand with your fingers, and secure into your topknot. Use a small amount of RadicallySmooth Anti-Frizz Serum to smooth fringe any flyaways.
CAN YOU PROVIDE ANY TIPS FOR MAINTENANCE OR UPKEEP?
When temperatures start dropping, our hair suffers from dryness due to the use of heaters. Switching to moisturizing products and adding a weekly treatment to your routine can combat the static, split ends, and color fade that increases with dry hair. ColorProof’s SuperRich Moisture Shampoo, Conditioner, and Deep Quench Masque are my three go-to products to add moisture without weighing hair down. I swap my conditioner for a masque once a week and leave it in for 5 minutes before rinsing out.
Achieve Erica’s favorite looks with the products below
- PlushLocks Leave-In Smooth
- TextureCharge Texture + Finish Spray
- TruCurl Curl Perfecting Crème
- SuperPlump Whipped Bodifying Mousse
- AllAround Working Color Protect Hairspray